What you will do
In a multidisciplinary engineering team, you will work on the specification, design and realization of embedded and real-time software that will be part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system (Class III Medical Device.)
Potential topics are:
- Software implementation of data communication between implantable (IPG) and body worm systems;
- Implantable Pulse Generator firmware, starting with feasibility units and prototypes of system, expanding towards External pulse generator system. Interaction/cooperation with IPG design house/manufacturer.
- Real-time control firmware for body worm Motion Controller (closed loop control system and commutation hub). Communication via BLE and propriety protocols.
What we are looking for
- You have a bachelor or master degree in electronics or software engineering with proven substantial experience in software development and embedded systems.
- You are experienced in programming software that operates in, and interfaces directly with a hardware environment with limited resources (memory, processor speed, power consumption, safety, encryption…).
- At least 7 years’ experience in C and C++ in professional embedded product environments, version control, test automation, continuous integration and unit testing.
- The software development shall be done according IEC/EN 62304. Experience with this standard or with software development in the medical domain is highly appreciated. Other regulated environments (like automotive) is also appreciated.
- You have a strong object-oriented and systems-thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these.
- You are an energetic, self-motivated, pro-active individual, able to work in a diverse team within a startup company.
- You communicate fluently in English as this is our company language; proficiency in French and/or Dutch language is appreciated;